Thursday, December 11, 2014

Generation 8 - Chapter 23

It was definitely winter. The snow had been coming down for days. The schools were closed and so were most businesses. Cherish had only brought 3 of her more popular plants inside to keep up with so it never took very long to tend them. She had begun spending more time practicing with the sim fu dummy or watching TV with Fatima. Fatima was miffed at Wind for not allowing her to go on a ski trip with a group of friends over the winter break that was coming up. Cherish suspected it was because the 'friends' were a bunch of guys. Fatima never did anything that brought about a bad reputation, Cherish just didn't understand why she wasted so much time thinking about boys.














"Don't tell my mom, but I sent my video audition into The One! Do you think I have a chance?? I want this SO BAD!"

"uh...Fat, don't you have to at least be 18 to be on a show like that? You've made me watch enough episodes to know that the people at the end of it get married and stuff."

"Well...yeah. But-"

"What about uni? You already got into SimTulane U. You'll lose your scholarships if you don't go!"

"Why do you care if I go to uni? I thought the only thing you cared about was your plants? Whatev, they'd be lucky to have me on that show."

After that Fatima stormed off in a huff. She and Cherish seemed to rub each other the wrong way more and more often these days. Their interests were taking them in far different directions and while Cherish seemed to have already settled into her idea of life, Fatima was still searching. 

"I may be very involved in my gardening but it is a business after all. Nothing as silly as chasing boys and making a fool of myself on TV, I mean really." She muttered to herself.








Just then her phone rang with an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hello Miss, I am looking for Cherish Solo. My name is Daric. Ephriam gave me this number."

Oh dear! Thought Cherish. Grandpa had really been serious about looking at some house!
 They had a very short conversation. Apparently the man was getting older and was thinking about moving to another town to be near family. But only if he could find the right buyer for his house. He was very particular about that and said it more than once. He listed off the the selling points in a no nonsense kind of way. It sounded very nice. Large established garden. Fully fenced. One bedroom and one bath. A modern kitchen. Recently redecorated. On the outskirts of town at the end of a dirt road. No neighbors. 

It sounded perfect to Cherish and she agreed to meet him for a look when he got off work the next night.
















Cherish bloomed her plants while she mulled over the idea of having her own house out in the country. It sure did sound good right now. She wouldn't have to deal with anyone else's problems or watch stupid shows. Her thoughts were interrupted by GG pulling out her blow torch and casually asking who she had been talking to.










If that wasn't bad enough June had decided to come out that night as well. Cherish tried her best to ignore her as she bloomed her plants again for more of a harvest. She didn't want any more weird conversations about the future with it's crazy, imaginary catastrophes. She had enough on her mind already.




















Cherish had an odd feeling that June had painted this just for her.  Did she know that she Cherish thinking about moving out?





*****
Bonus Shots
 Burglar! This made me lol because of the ghost cat hissing at the alarm
















Yay Snow!















Did you guys know you can check your horoscope on this thing and it gives you a moodlet? Cherish always gets a negative one saying something bad is going to happen and Fatima always gets a positive one. >:-p

13 comments:

  1. Aww...I can't wait to see her house. I have a feeling she's gonna be moving soon as that place sounds perfect. Funny how all of our gardeners have been shy (Orchid, Cherish, and Grace). I wonder how Wind will take to the news of Cherish moving out, or Fatima for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...and I've never used the moon dial thing. I need to add that to my list of EA items I need to make use of.

      Delete
    2. Wow you're right! I wonder what it is. Are shy sims attracted to plants or are plants attractive to shy sims?

      The house is absolutely PERFECT! but....still not sure if I want to move her out...decisions decisions...

      That mood dial is pretty cool! You should check it out!

      Delete
  2. Its probably best for Cherish to get out on her own, she is still feeling pressure to live the way Wind and Fatima think is best for her when she needs to do what she wants. Its never easy when you want to live your life to the beat of a different drum but once she is on her own she can be free to do so. I love that June left that picture for her, its a sign she is moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All her life she's hidden herself in her own little world dictated by her family. Now she's starting to want some control over that little world. I think it would be good for her too.

    That picture was perfect! Totally unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably a good idea for Cherish to move out on her own and see what the world has to offer her. She's always done what everyone else wants but now is looking for some say-so in her own life. The house sounds perfect for her, and I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops! I missed your comment!

      Yes that house is perfect for her. Getting things in order so she can move is the problem. Having her own space may be just what she needs.

      Delete
  5. The snow in this game looks so nice :3 I wonder if Cherish will take the house? I can't wait to see it if she does! Fatima being on TheOne sounds immensely catastrophic though :P Not sure she's mature enough, but then again since she's not old enough it shouldn't be a problem (then again, producers do like drama!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DV because it's so pretty in ALL the seasons!

      Fatima, well, she has a head full of dreams and the youth to think she can take on the world!

      Delete
  6. I have the moon dial in a basement. It never does anything... maybe I need to put it outside! Ha! Interesting goings on, I know you can do it Cherish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't get any mood buffs when you check the moon? I wonder if it's trait based. Or comp based...I hate how some things work for some people but not others. This game, I swear!

      Delete
  7. I'll double check it when I go in game again, but it hasn't worked for me. I think all I could do with it was "view". It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "No neighbors" haha this looks perfect for her!
    * I just love the little ghost cat!

    ReplyDelete