Monday, December 15, 2014

Generation 8 - Chapter 24

It was very cold and wet waiting for Daric to meet her. Cherish had arrived a few minutes early for the tour of the house. She was already impressed by what she saw, even though everything was covered in a blanket of snow. It was definitely quiet this far out of town. She could just barely see the lights coming from Main street beyond the treeline. This plot of land was on a hill so she imagined she would be able to see for miles on a clear day.
She wished the benches had more cover so she could sit and wait without getting her bottom all wet.
















"Ahh, Miss Solo! I hope you haven't been waiting long. I'm Daric."

He was an older man, slightly stooped but still gave off an aura of energy and strength. As she shook his hand she knew he had spent many long hours tending to the variety of plants now dormant in his garden himself. There was an immediate connection. This is someone she could talk to and he would listen. Someone that could teach her some things about her trade. Someone she could actually relate to.

"Let's get on with the tour shall we? You've seen the outside, lets go in where it's warm."






The door opened up into the living room. Cherish appreciated the cozy feel the place even with it's open floor plan. The walls were lined with bookshelves, the decor was very rustic and homey. The kitchen was more modern than she imagined from the outside look of the house but she could appreciate having updated appliances and plumbing in an old house.




He had plants in every room and Cherish just loved it. There were tall windows to let in lots of light but she knew she wouldn't have to worry much about privacy because of how far away the closest neighbor was. Overall it had that feeling of comfortable seclusion. It was old but well taken care of. It was perfect.

They talked for a bit about price, how old certain items were. What he would be leaving with the house and what he would take. Any problems he'd had to fix. He also asked Cherish a lot about her gardening skill and what she envisions about the house should she want to change anything. Time passed very quickly as they got into a long discussion about plants and the pros and cons of starting seedlings indoors. Cherish felt her pocket vibrate and when she looked it was a text from Wind.
"it's late, where r u?"

Cherish was surprised to see that it was nearly midnight. She sent GG a quick response and apologized to Daric for staying so late. She walked out the door with him telling her how much he enjoyed their conversation and that he hoped to hear from her again soon.
She drove home thinking more about the easy conversation she had had than the house she was supposed to be considering. She couldn't remember the last time she talked to someone that enjoyed gardening as much as she did! Her heart felt lighter than it had in months. It felt like it used to after hanging out with Fatima. 
But Fatima was leaving soon. 

Cherish jumped in the shower when she got home, after sticking her head in Wind's room to tell her she was home. The shower was more to get warm than anything else. Driving across town on a scooter in the snow was cold business!

"FATIMA!"

Cherish roared. Her hair was blue. Blue! What was Fatima thinking? Was this supposed to be funny? Was it payback for not supporting her dream to be on that dating show? She was going to KILL her! It took and extra 20 minutes to wash all the dye out then Cherish went looking for her former friend.

"What it wrong with you? Are you twelve again or something? Was that supposed to be funny??"

"Yeah. It was funny! I'm sure you looked ridiculous. I was trying to get you to lighten up. You used to be fun! We used to have a good time. Now all you do is mope and complain! it wouldn't hurt you to have a little fun once in a while!"

Cherish and Fatima yelled and argued and screamed at each other. Turns out Cherish wasn't the only one missing their friendship.

"You're still in high school Fat, I'm not. I have a business. It's harder than you think. I can't do all the things you do anymore. It's weird for me to hang out with you when your friends are over. We can't do the things we used to do....."


"Then we find new things to do! Look, I know you're all 'grown up' now or whatever, but you don't have to treat me like a little kid! I will be 18 soon, then I am leaving for SimTulane. If you want to be an old fuddy duddy now, that's your choice, but stop talking down to me! I like boys, I like fun, I'm going to be on TV one day! You used to listen to me when I talked about these things. You used to support me!"

And she marched off.

Cherish wasn't quite sure how to process all of that. She hadn't been talking down to Fatima, had she? She knew she had less patience for the high school silliness she saw Fatima get into. Perhaps she could be more supportive.

"Once she goes off to uni and grows up a little we'll be on the same page again. I guess."




16 comments:

  1. Wow...Fatima has a point. True they aren't the same age, but Cherish doesn't do anything 'fun' at least not in the standard sense. All she does is garden and garden I can see why Fatima would want her to lighten up a bit. Cherish thinks Fatima should 'grow up' but she's being a typical teenager as she should be. They aren't on the same page and even when Fatima becomes a YA I don't see them being on the same page. Fatima likes life. She likes to have fun and be around people, Cherish likes solitude and to be around her plants. Sadly I don't see their friendship growing, I see a bigger wedge coming between them since they don't have the same outlook on life. :(

    Love the house though. I think Cherish will be very happy there with her dog and her plants away from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Fatima was Cherish's fun side. But as they grow farther and farther apart, she doesn't see fun in what Fatima does anymore.

      The house is perfect fpr Cherish and I have been eyeing it since they moved to DV. I think she would be happy there but it def won't help with her and Fatima's relationship.

      Delete
  2. I also think that Fatima has a point too as Cherish might be older than Fatima but she is not that much older. Granted that Cherish and Fatima are opposites but usually opposites make the best friendships. While Cherish is busy with her plants and the business she still needs to have fun and not be so serious all the time. With Fatima leaving for university soon it looks like they are growing apart.

    Cherish loved the house immediately and it seems she enjoyed her chat with Daric more than she even knew. They have simular interest and Cherish seems comfortable with him and she doesn't warm up to people that easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For so long Fatima dragged Cherish along in her wake. But now Cherish is finding her own place in life and is realizing she and Fatima have nothing in common,. Not that that is an excuse to dismiss your BFF!]

      It is a Great house and she and Daric have a lot in common. She is a very shy, broody sim so meeting someone she is immediately comfortable around is a big deal.

      Now I am trying to decide what she would want more, The house or the friend

      Delete
  3. So many mixed emotions! :( I'm glad she's found a place she likes this much, hopefully her connecting with the owner will make moving a bit easier and go in her favour.

    I suppose her relationship turning sour with Fatima was predictable, but I hope it won't last. I know you're meant to lose friends as you grow up but it'd be a shame if she lost this one :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love that house and I know it would be perfect for her but I struggle with moving her out and leaving Wind and Fatima to the mercy of SP. (is it sad that that's why I haven't moved her out yet?)

      She and Fatima are so different. That would be a very hard relationship to keep close at this point in time. They've both come to a season of life where they need to 'find themselves' but I hope their journey doesn't take them too far apart

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also agree with Jazen and PG that Fatima has a point. Cherish is way too serious and Fatima just wants her to have a little fun. It's sad to see their relationshipmgoingnin different directions but hat often happens in life. Very rarely is your childhood BFF your adult BFF.

    Sounds like Cherish loves the house but likes the friend more. It's great to see her feeling so comfortable with someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the crazy typos. It isn't always easy writing comment on an IPad. LOL!

      Delete
  7. The girls (well, Poppy) have done the shower prank to Cora. Her hair turned pink and she got so mad. I thought "your hair is mostly pink already, goof ball!" Sims logic.. I tell ya.

    The house seems perfect, but once she moves out I have a feeling things will be different, especially with Wind. Fatima is out the door anyway but I worry about Wind. Fatima and Cherish need to meet in the middle. I hope they find something to bond over before they both drift apart too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about Wind too, but more in the 'what the heck is SP going to do to her!' kind of way ;-)

      haha, I remember that happening in your story, lol

      Delete
  8. I am actually terrified to return from college and progress my story and not have SP interfere. I think I may have to turn it off for a bit truth be told.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried turning Sp off for a while in mine but it didn't make a dif. it hooked up 2 sims I had plans for with the same guy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes, fatima has indeed a point. Cherish grew too serious and even boring. All she does is gardening and complaining about the others.
    I agree the blue hair was a little too much but Fatima is but a teen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yup. She and Fatima may be at odds, but Fatima is just trying to keep Cherish from going all dark and brooding. But a teen can only do so much when her bff has convinced herself that she's too grown up for such things

      Delete