Friday, August 1, 2014

Generation 2 - Chapter 2

Feeling brave and extra lonely, Jane looked up her dad's address. 
"Let's see what I've been missing out on. He has a nice house, that's for sure." 


"Uh, hi. Dad?" 
I didn't think I could be so nervous! Should I have called first? What am I doing? He probably doesn't want me here. Of gosh! Oh gosh! 


MUCH to her surprise, Hal seemed excited to see her. He invited her right in and never stopped talking.


Does he ever shut up? 
Jane was thinking this was a bad idea for a different reason now.


While Hal was in mid sentence, Jane turned away. Joan was home. So this is my twin, huh? She looks familiar, I guess I have seen her around school. 

After a long awkward silence they both started talking at the same time.


Jane couldn't remember anything either of them said but there was an oddness about Joan. Something....sinister.


Hal mindlessly interrupted, not noticing the death look Joan gave him. He seemed ecstatic that Jane was there and wanted to tell her his life story. Like he needed to prove to her that he was a good guy and not some deadbeat that walked out on her. 


He even gave her a tour of the house. Jane knew meeting him was the reason she was there, but now that Joan was home she was more interested in getting to know her sister. 


Don't you ever stop talking? 


She wanted to know all there was to know about the family life she missed out on. Joan was very tight lipped and had nothing nice to say about their father. 
"Hey, at least you had a father. He seems like on okay guy. You have a big house and even a dog! My mother only yells at me. We don't even have a TV!" 

"Things aren't as great here as you think. 'Grass is always greener'...or how ever it goes. I can't wait to get out of here. I have big plans and a law loving idiot like Hal is not going to stop me." 








1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that they finally got to know each other - and that Hank seemed to excited to make amends with her was even more unexpected! It seems right now like Jane and Joan might make a good team, hehe, but we shall see :P

    ReplyDelete