Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Iron Man Update 4

(This is more informational than story due adjustments moving from TS3 to TS4) 

Soooooo...
I had some major glitches in my game. First I did not realize that the young again potions ONLY effect the AGE your sim is in. So if you're about to age from YA to A then it will set you back to the beginning of YA. If you're an Elder...It only brings you back to the beginning of the elder stage.

Young again potion in hand, Vee threw herself a birthday party! (trying to get another challenge achievement)














THEN I realized that the potion did not taker her back to being a YA like I thought it would. (And I didn't get the plum achievement either)














After some panicking at the fact that testingcheats true > edit in CAS was not doing the trick I was about to throw in the towel and start anew. I eventually remembered that you have to add CAS.fulleditmode in there to be able to adjust the age. (phew!)

Definitely need a cocktail after that fiasco!














Something else that became evident (and confirmed by Crin) CAS.fulleditmode is glitchy! After fixing her age, all her traits, both earned and bought, were gone and she kept resetting randomly. In TS3 moving to a new house (or world) usually solves most probs like this so...

New house! New neighborhood!










































Did you know that you can put your collectibles on your bookcases? Awesome!
















I hope you guys can learn from my mistakes and I hope even more that EA fixes some of the probs and continue to add cool (and useful) stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Yes I did learn and I hope not to repeat them but don't be surprised if I do. This is how much I trust myself. Please make sure to tell me "I told you so" if that happens.

    Love that we can put items on bookcases now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hope you have all the kinks worked out now. Glad you were able to get her set back to YA and the new house is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Did either of you watch the live twitch today? There's going to be another tmw. (I tweeted a link to SimsVIP's replay of it) I learned a LOT of cool little things that would have helped me out a lot early in this game. I'm sure we will all be pros eventually but it's just different enough from 3 that I get messed up sometimes. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, I did not know about the collectibles!!
    I had no idea about CAS.fulleditmode either. I was trying to change to age of one of my sim, went to CAS and was completely disappointed that this was not possible.
    And I've just seen that, before we start the game, we have the possibility of doing challenges! I think this is how you started this one?
    Gosh I'm learning a lot with your experience, keep on ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful using CAS.fulleditmode if you've been playing a while you run the risk of losing your traits and having other random glitches. The challenges, or achievements rather, are for doing things while you play like staying up or not doing any social interactions for a SIM day. I think you can see a list of them from the menu.
      I'm glad in was able to give you some new info!

      Delete