Thursday, October 9, 2014

Generation 4 - Chapter 8

June went to bed that night feeling a mix of soreness and satisfaction. 
This must be what it feels like to be an adult. I bet married couples never want to leave the bedroom! 














A few nights later she received a cryptic message from Wilson asking her to meet him at a secluded park. 















June was SO excited. Heart pumping she raced to the spot. 
I wonder what kind of romantic surprise he has planned! 















Everything seemed so much more alive, more beautiful. 















Finally she saw Wilson floating towards her. She was soak from the rain but all discomfort vanished in the thrill of seeing him.















She raced over to him and jumped into his arms. She felt like a princess in a story being carried away in her prince's arms. 















It wasn't until he set her down the she realized he didn't seem as excited as she was.















"Listen June, I have something to tell you and I don't think you're going to like it." 















'The other night when we were, uh, together. I went back to my people and told them my intentions to marry you. It didn't go well. They have forbidden it. I'm afraid I can't see you anymore. They can and are going to enforce their decision. The only reason I am here now is because I BEGGED to be allowed to tell you myself. I'm SO SORRY!" 















"WHat? I don't... I...You're so sorry? That's it? They didn't like it and now you're going to 'stop seeing' me?? What happened to us getting married? What happened to you loving me? I gave myself to you and now you're just going to give up? Did you even try to reason with them? How can you do this to me?!! I don't understand!" 















"I told you I was sorry! You're right, you don't understand! I have no choice! I'm being banished to another tribe! They're sending me away from you. They've even arranged a marriage for me to some fairy I've never even met! Do you think this is what I want?? It's not what I want at all!" 















"So you're really leaving? Just like that. I'll never see you again? You've broken my heart and you stand there like it's no big deal. Fine then! I'm glad you're going away! I HATE YOU! I hope you're precious wife is an ugly old hag!"

 June ran away as fast as she could. Her heart ached so bad she feared she would die. Wilson tried to chase after her but without any real effort. "Please try to understand! They're sending me away to Hidden Valley. I can't stop them!" 















This has got to be the worst day of my life 















Well. Maybe not....... 
















2 comments:

  1. You know, I think I'm glad they're not getting married yet. It's clear that she's far too immature at this point, no matter how much she thinks that she's an adult now. I understand she's upset, but her arguments just make it more obvious that she's not ready to be a grown-up yet. Wonder if having the baby is going to change that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most teens think the first person they date is "the one" and when it ends it's the worst thing ever! I wanted them to be super in love yet still immature. Because sometimes, it really is "the one"

      Delete