Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Generation 8 - Chapter 12

We eventually learned that GG Wind wasn't going out late at night to meet with clients. She had been taking care of a young, injured horse. It was the same one that always seemed to be where ever she went. Apparently it had scraped up a leg and gotten an infection. GG had been nursing him back to health for the last month!















Late one evening she came home on his back and announced that we were going to keep him. 


Where are we going to keep him, wondered Cherish. The yard was 
small and what space they had had been converted into a garden. She immediately got scared that her garden plot was about to become a horse pasture















Fatima was overjoyed! What little girl didn't dream of having her own horse? Esp one that spends all her free time riding a pony spring rider??



Great Grandma Wind did not miss the look of panic and hurt on Cher's face. She took her aside and promised that her garden plans hadn't changed.


"We don't own a large yard, but there is a lot of space between us and our neighbors. They've already said it was fine if the horse uses land off our property. First thing in the morning I want you to start moving your plants outside and I will personally set up the watering system for you. How does that sound?"



The weeks flew by after that. Cherish's plants were thriving and she still had plenty of room for more. She decided it was time to visit the shop her neighbors had talked about. She was excited about the idea of growing new and exotic plants no one else had.

The place had an odd smell to it. like a combination of incense and....age? Does age have a smell? She felt like she was stepping back in time when she went through to doors. Or stepping into a movie. There were only 2 people inside. The man behind the counter that looked like he'd just stepped off a navy boat in the 50s and an old, hunched woman muttering to herself over some books.
Cherish nervously looked around. There were odd things floating in liquid inside dusty old jars. Books with strange writing on them that seemed to glitter. On a rack behind the clerk were bottles that glowed and fizzed or smoked. 
"I..I..um, do you...sell plants. Here?"
"Of course fairy. Along with many many other things. Are you sure you're in the right place?"
"Ye-yes. Can I s-s-sseee the plants?"

Cherish left the store with several strange looking mushrooms to plant and a number of unknown seeds the clerk recommended.
"They're perfect for fairy such as yourself. They'll grow for you like no one else."
And they did. In no time at all she had a garden over flowing with plants. Trees even! A lot of which she still didn't know the names for or even the use of. But using the fairy magic she had discovered inside herself, they were flourishing.

*
*
*
Bonus

Wind going for a swim. DV is SO pretty!















13 comments:

  1. I forgot you are in Dragon Valley! I wouldn't have recognized it anyway, its a world I don't have. Thanks for the peek into it!
    Horses sure do have a way of destroying gardens, I hope Wind enchants that fence as an extra precaution. Hmmm, an interesting store to be sure. I'm glad she is starting to find herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DV! If you ever get a change to get it, I totally recommend it. It's huge, beautiful, and has a lot of colorful sims in it.
      I did have to add a gate to the garden an lock it to keep the horse fromeating everything! Not to mention the zombies...

      Delete
    2. Oh don't even get me started on the zombies....

      Delete
  2. Aww...so Cherish is going the greener garden LTW I take it. I'm so glad she's found something to channel her energy. Watching her plants grow have given her purpose and comfort. It's nice that Wind has allowed her to do that instead of forcing her to interact with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's going for one of the Gardening LTWs. I am hoping she's the last Fairy and they're good at gardening.
      Letting her choose her own path, esp after finding something she was good at, was a good choice for Wind. Cherish needs to move fwd at her own pace. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Oh that was so sweet of Wind to nurse the horse back to health and give him a home. I can understand why Cherish freaked out at first but as usually Wind took care of everything.

    Dragon Valley is beautiful and I will be bringing the family there some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like DV. It's so pretty and very large! I think it's the biggest EA world.
      I couldn't resist that horse. I fell in love with it as a foal wandering around behind Wind everywhere she went. The lack of yard is a real problem but thankfully WInd was not about to take the garden away from Cherish. She knows how important it is to her.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Dragon Valley. It's so beautiful! It's been a while since I played in it, but I'll be bringing my family there at some point.

    It was so awesome that Wind nursed the horse back to health and gave him a home. Good thing you put a gate up to keep the horse out of Cherish's garden, as horses love to eat plants. Wind is a good GG and knew how to take care of everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Great backgrounds, lots and lots of space!

      That horse, it followed her anytime she left the house! I finally adopted the poor beast but yeah, no fresh veggies for you horse! He was so cool looking. If he's still around in a gen or 2 I may pursue a horse related LTW/career. You never know.

      Delete
  5. Oh I know, DV is beautiful!! I hardly ever play there but when I do I love it :3

    Having a horse is great, but I hope that you won't get bored with it as quickly as I usually do ^^ They seem to take so much work somehow oO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am.impressed with how big DV is esp compared to AS

      I love the horses in the game. I think they did a good job with them. (Mostly) but you're right. So much work and I am.not ready to get into the equine careers of LTW s yet. But I couldn't resist this guy!

      Delete
  6. "Does age have a smell?" haha, this is too funny!
    The picture of Wind riding is so beautiful! Have you ever let her ride a unicorn? This would be even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her mother had a unicorn when she was young, but it left them in Hidden Springs after she died. I haven't seen another one since. I was thinking of doing the horse career/LTW in the next gen or 2 so I am hoping we'll find more wild horses around to attract the unicorn.

      Delete