Monday, November 10, 2014

Generation 8 - Chapter 3

It was important that the Solo family leave town. There were too many painful memories and broken relationships in hidden springs. They never truly felt at home there and the distance between the family and the rest of the town would have grown after Wilson's death. He was the only tie they had to the Fae world. 

Wind had been through SO MUCH. She absolutely refused to put up with any more silly politics or traditions. She had to preserve what was left of her family and give Cherish the chance to grow up without any of that drama hanging over her head. 

Of all people for her to take advice from, it was Ephriam that suggested Dragon Valley as a new place to make a home. Over the years Wind had tried very hard not to hate or fear the vampire and this was a sure sign that friendship was finally a possibility. He was raised by her father and she wanted to start seeing him as a brother. 

So it was off to DV the family went 















Ephriam and his wife Mya (Candace's mom), their puppy, Elgon, Wind, Fabian, and their children Brenton and Fatima, and of course little Cherish. 

Wind, being matriarch AGAIN, pulled on her experience as an interior designer to make the house a home as soon as possible. She hung the family photographs and even put the urns of their loved ones around the house to create a sense of familiarity.















This town was definitely different. There were no fairies or vampires that noticable but something was just....different. But different good. The whole town was ready for them. Apparently their realtor had told everyone that a new family was moving in and they were Fae. No one came and stared at them and the few passerby they saw smiled and waved like old neighbors. There was even a statue set up in the front yard that had def not been in the pictures when they were looking at the house.

Wind was hopeful that this was a place they could settle in for a long time. Something about it was inviting and comforting. Just the thing Cherish needed! 

Wind was once again the head of the family. 

Being forced into starting over in a new place makes it harder to appreciate the opportunity. The house was beautiful. She wished there was more yard and maybe a spare bedroom or two but she was sure they could make it work. They had to. The tightness in her chest threatened to overwhelm everything else. So much pain and loss. Lives barely lived. Long lives sacrificed unintentionally. New life squirming in her arms. 






















When she found out she was pregnant again, she was thrilled. She was a fairy with a very long life ahead. She could have the big family she wanted and not have to worry about meddling. The idea of raising her own great grand daughter made her resolve to not have any more children of her own. Fatima was a fairy. Just like Cherish. They would live for what seems like forever. But Brenton was human. Like Elgon. She knew she would have to bury them both and it made her heart clench. Too much death. Too many funerals. No parent should ever have to bury a child. Maybe the Fae Council had been right to directed them to marry their own kind after all. Perhaps it was this heart ache they had been trying to prevent. Only it had become some twisted, uncaring form of power instead. 
A tear slid down her cheek. 
"Let's see what your crib looks like Little One." 


* * * * * * * * 
Ephriam's POV
Young Brenton was oddly interested in vampirism. Of all the years I spent in Hidden Springs, I was never fully accepted. The hostility lessened, some curious few would approach and ask questions. But Brenton was too curious. I tried to talk about how inconvenient it was and how expensive plasma fruit was but he just laughed if off and commented about how great it would be to be so fast and live forever. Thankfully I saw my wife heading my way. 















It was wonderful being married to a fairy. Her blood was intoxicating and she lived such a long time. My last 2 wives never made it to our 5th anniversairy. Of course back then there was no way I would have been allowed to marry anything other than a human. Perhaps this time it will last more than a few years. I hate being alone. Now that Wilson was gone, my wife was all I really had. Sure, Wind had finally accepted that I wasn't evil like all vamps are supposed to be. But I knew she would never accept me 100% 















"We can't stay here, Ephriam. I know they're the closest thing to family you have, but we need out own space. As much as I would love to be the one raising up Cherish, being here there are too many chiefs and not enough warriors." 

I stopped her before she could go on. 
"I totally agree. I will go and talk to Wind right now. Why don't you call the realtor while I do that?" 


The conversation with Wind went easier than I thought. I had anticipated for her to have a strong desire to keep everyone close but she barely seemed to hear me. She kept looking at her newborn with red rimmed eyes. Things were going to be sad for a while. 















We said our awkward goodbyes. I thanked her for bringing us with them. She nodded in a spacey kind of way. 















"I texted you the address dear." My wife said quietly from the doorway. "We'll be right down the road from here should you ever need anything Wind, and We'll be by often to help out with Cherish." 
Wind nodded. 
We decided to go straight over and get started on our own new beginning passing Fabian in the hall. I made a promise in my heart to always stay connected with this family. It was the least I could do to honor Wilson. 




6 comments:

  1. Ooh, Dragon Valley! I LOVE Dragon Valley! Hopefully all of them will find happiness there. They must be due some by now :/

    Cherish and Fatima will grow up like sisters, and at least Cherish will have Wind around. She won't be her parents, but at least she's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DV too. It's beautiful and big and the Sims are so varied!

      This family needs some relief for sure. But that's easier said than done after the massive tragedies they've gone through.

      New town. New start at life.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Dragon Valley. it's so beautiful. It's good that the family is getting a new start after everything they've been through. Cherish and Fatima will grow up together, and hopefully Wind can find some peace of mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DV is so big and pretty! I love it too but I've never spent a lot of time playing it. I figured the Solo family needed to get away so it was as good a time as any to move to a new world. I am pretty glad WInd had a daughter to give Cherish a girl near her own age to grow up with.
      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I love Dragon Valley too, it's a magic place to play! I think wind will finally be able to grow up her family there without too many problems. After all she's gone through,, this is the least she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, DV is big a beautiful. I love playing here! Wind and er fam definitly deserve a break from troubles as they start over in a new place. Thanks for reading!

      Delete